Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer Update

Happy first day of summer everyone! I thought today would be the perfect day for a summer update. So here is our status:
Production:
We are looking to finish all interviews by the beginning of fall 2010. Having the projected end so near is a very exciting thought since I have began work on this film in February of 2008. We have about 10 more interviews to get until we can call it a wrap.
Fundraising:
We are still trying to fundraiser, and we just applied to our first grant from CAMgrants - visit www.camgrants.org to check out our written proposal and a quick 2-minute teaser of the documentary. If any of you out there hear of exciting opportunities for grants or donations, please let us know.
Post Production:
Some more exciting news is that I just received my first little bit of "source footage" (footage taken of Dr. Simonton back in the day) from my Uncle Terry. It is an interview for the CBS morning show in 1992. It's pretty amazing and I am so thankful my Uncle retrieved it for me. If any of you out there following this blog have original footage of my Dad, or knows someone who might please contact me, this kind of footage will help this story come to life.

Well that is all for now, I hope you all have a wonderful summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment